Maja Jankovic (Maya) studied Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture in the UK at the University of Portsmouth and spent a year studying in China at Tianjin University of TCM. As part of her studies in China she also trained in Tui-Na, Tai-Ji Quan and Chinese patent medicine.
Maja approaches her treatments in a respectful and holistic manner, and she is offering dietary and lifestyle advice to enhance the effects of acupuncture treatments and to promote self healing.
In China she specialised in stress related conditions, neurological disorders and post-stroke recuperation. She also gained experience at First Teaching Hospital of Tianjin University of TCM, seeing numerous patients and shadowing one of the leading Doctors in China in their field.
She also has a keen personal interest in Cosmetology and returned to China for further studies, Advanced Training in Cosmetic Acupuncture, and clinical practise in January 2015.
Maja is a member of The Acupuncture Society.
Areas of speciality:
- Stress and emotional wellbeing (including anxiety and depression)
- Muscular skeletal pain and disorders
- Post stroke recuperation
- Immune system and Allergic disorders
- Menstrual disorders, infertility and IVF assistance
- Application of acupuncture to facial aesthetics (this treatment is 90 minutes long, and consists of both facial and body acupuncture)